Friday, January 6, 2012

Little Sister Holiday Edition

The day after I got home for break I made Little Sister watch White Christmas with me because 1. it's my favorite Christmas movie and 2. she'd never seen it before which is a tragedy that had to be fixed immediately. (Apparently this is the year in which I make all the people in my life who haven't seen White Christmas watch it. Before going home I made E watch it and I would have made Boyfriend watch it last week if I hadn't accidentally left it at my parents.  Sad.) Little Sister actually really liked the movie, which surprised Mom a bit. In reply to Mom's surprise Little Sister said, "Men look better in black and white." Never mind that the movie was definitely in color...

When I was looking at Leopold, her fish, we had the following conversation:
Little Sister: I hate that fish.
Me: How can you say that about my fish-nephew?!
Little Sister: Every time I clean his water it's dirty like 5 minutes later.
Me: But what about when you have kids and you change their diaper and it's dirty again 5 minutes later?
Little Sister: That's what a nanny is for.
Me: Oh, with your sugar daddy's money?
Little Sister: I can't have a sugar daddy.
Me: Why not? I thought your plan was to marry rich? Why can't you have a sugar daddy?
Little Sister: Anne. Have you seen my nose?? 
Reluctantly taking care of Leopold
Later when I was telling Mom about that conversation, Mom said something or other about supporting herself and somehow (I really wish I could remember how) she got around to saying that she could be a nun:
Little Sister: I'd rather be a hooker.
Mom: (dropped jaw and stunned/horrified silence) 

After Christmas eve mass we were getting Dad to take our photo in front of the Christmas tree like last year. At some point I asked Dad to check that I wasn't blinking in all the photos, since we both (me and Little Sister) have the Chinese eyes going on when we smile. Little Sister said no way, that was just her, and I said nope, mine can be just as bad. At this point she says, "Let's have a squint off!"

Not twins.
 Later on Christmas Eve, Little Sister curled up on the floor in front of the (fake) fireplace. 

Somebody's waiting for Santa...

No comments:

Post a Comment