Thursday, January 19, 2012

I applied for a job!

My very first grown-up job!  And actually only my second real job "application" ever.  The only other job that I specifically applied for was the cashier position I had at the grocery store through most of high school.  Of the three jobs I had in college, one was offered to me unsolicited (summer research position with a faculty member in the department), and the other two I just talked to the prospective boss (gen chem TA and mass choir pianist).

The job I applied for yesterday is based in Pennsylvania (according to the posting at least...the same company had another posting that said Pennsylvania on the front, but then said Buffalo when you opened it...) with an instrument company.  Having one applications in puts the pressure on to get at least a few more submitted.  I have a short list so far of other positions in the mid-Atlantic area that look like good possibilities.  If I am so lucky as to get somewhere with this application, I'd really like to have something else in the works so I can 1. use it to my advantage for salary negotiations etc and 2. not be cornered into saying yes or no without having any idea if there's something else that sounds better or not!

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment