Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mini Me

Apparently Facebook thinks my sister and I are the same person. Facebook has this relatively new tool that tries to identify faces automatically when you upload pictures. When I upload photos, it'll usually pick out almost all of the faces as faces, and correctly identify maybe half of them. For me at least, it's never misidentified somebody, but rather didn't propose any ID at all.

When my sister uploaded pictures from prom this morning, Facebook went through it's little face-recognition program, and tagged the people in the photos. However, it did not recognize my sister as my sister, but as me!
Little Sister: guess what the computer just did
that makes us
officially related
and alike in appearance

Me: facebook just tagged you as me!!


Little Sister: yeah
when you like
upload pics
and its like who is this
it was like anne
already decided

Considering my sister is way cooler and way less awkward than I was in high school, I'm sort of jealous of how awesome she looks in her prom pictures. Maybe I could convince her to go along with Facebook's identification. I mean, it wouldn't be weird to be showing up in prom pictures at age 26 right?

Anyways, apparently we look alike. I mean, Facebook thinks we're indistinguishable. It's like I have a twin - one who's ten years younger, skinny with blue eyes, and hates chemistry.


Nah, Facebook is on crack, there's no resemblance at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment