Sunday, January 13, 2013

Seven

Make that seven jury duty summons in 10 years.  I got another jury duty summons in the mail yesterday, for the same week as Friday's summons!  This one was for federal court in Tucson.  (Friday's was for Baltimore City County court.)  Obviously I'll be excused from the latest summons as I've moved out of state, but what I don't understand, is how they mailed the summons directly to my Baltimore address, but still think I'm a resident of Pima County in Arizona.  We're not talking mail forwarding by the postal service, this was actually directly addressed to me in Baltimore.  The logic amazes me.  What also amazes (and irritates) me is that even after filling out the juror questionnaire online and responding in about 4 places that I've moved out of state, the system still told me to call in on my assigned date to see if I'm needed.  Totally absurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment