Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Not cool.

Hey, guys - can we talk about something?  Namely, how NOT cool it is to lose your cool at work.  I don't mind swearing in some circumstances, and I certainly understand that you're frustrated that things aren't working, but really, it's not cool to throw a hissy fit at work.  It is so incredibly uncomfortable to sit there awkwardly while a grown man loses it in the lab.  There's a second coworker who swears like a sailor under his breath at the other end of the lab on a regular basis.  This happens so often I have to wonder if he has Tourette's or thinks I'm deaf and can't hear him.  Other, more level-headed coworkers have assured me neither is the case.  Anyways, just a friendly word of advice, if you can't keep your cool at work, step out until you've pulled it together.  Your coworkers will be so very grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Kinda along those lines, but I'm not entirely sure if any of us are cut out for real world jobs with all the swearing and joking sexual harassment that takes place around here. Case in point: today Dallas threw a teabag at Angela and hit her in the face on accident. Then promptly said: "Sorry I hit you in the face with a teabag." I almost died. Soooo hilarious. And decidedly inappropriate for a real world job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super hilarious. It hasn't been as hard as I might have thought. I think the desire to make a good impression as the new kid on the block makes you (or at least me) extra attentive to what I say and do in general. Also none of you talk that way to people you've just met and/or don't know well. With time you start to get a feel for what you can and can't say around what people. Anyway, I think you guys'll be fine - people still have a sense of humor once you work your way in and get to know people. Just avoid the teabag jokes your first day. :)

    ReplyDelete