Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wide Angle Seven Falls

The weekend before last Boyfriend and I hiked Seven Falls with his cousin and his wife.  I took my wide angle lens (10-20 mm) with me.  I had a UV filter on it, but I didn't bring the hood that came with the lens.  Many of the photos I took were blown out with lots of sun flare.  Lesson learned, take the hood.  Here are some of the better shots - all wide angle, except for a couple old shots with my point and shoot or my D90 with my regular lens (18-105 mm) for comparison at the end.  I don't have the clearest examples of it here, but it's amazing what a difference 8 mm makes.








Comparison, the rocks on the right are the same, and can help orient: 
D90, 18 mm
D90, 10 mm

Another comparison:
Point and shoot. Vertically obviously.
D90, 10 mm

D90, 10 mm

No comments:

Post a Comment