Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Digs

*Sorry, apparently I accidentally published this post in a half-finished state a while back.

I know I haven't written much lately. I haven't had much to say, and I've been a bit preoccupied. But with two of my three faithful readers complaining about lack of material, here's an update.

When K8 left Tucson for an awesome new job in Portland, and our house being sold, it was time to move. So at the end of March Jen and I moved a whopping half block down the street, into one unit of a duplex. It's definitely a downgrade in quality and amenities, but we managed to stay in the same neighborhood (which we both wanted), and it's cheap enough that should Jen decide to leave Tucson before I graduate, I can afford it on my own and won't be forced into moving AGAIN. Huge bonus. I REALLY don't want to move again until it's time to leave Tucson.

Because I'm sure you're dying to see the new place, here it is:
And here's a virtual tour, starting with the most important room in the house, the kitchen.

View into the kitchen from the living room:

The baking area - yes, I have dedicated this entire portion of the kitchen to baking. All the baking stuff (plus a few other odds n ends...) live in these drawers & cupboards:

The rest of the kitchen - I'd really like to somehow get a table or other flat surface to the left of the existing countertop above the shelves with our food. That corner is just such wasted space begging to be better used.

The top two shelves in the cupboards are so high that I literally have to stand on the countertop to reach the stuff up there.
Perhaps the coolest feature of the kitchen? The exit sign by the door.

This kitchen was by far the best of the places we looked at - the most storage space, counter space, and light. What it still needs is some color. Big time. And there's a giant empty patch of wall above the kitchen table crying for something to be hung there. I'm working on it.

The living room. I stood in the doorway to the hall to take this, the kitchen is to the right and the front door is to the left. I think the giant mirror that we, um, obtained from the house before last, and painted up super classy, looks lovely above the mantel. :)
My mostly finished bedroom. Waiting on a short curtain rod and another curtain to arrive. I took this from the doorway to the hall - the closet is to the left and my dresser and a door to the front porch are to the right.
This house has all the conveniences of modern life. No, I don't mean handy things such as a dishwasher, garbage disposal, or laundry. I mean features like this old school lock in the bathroom.

There's a (very) small back yard:
With some awesome artwork. "My legs are long, my teeth are loose, but I am a very handsome moose!"

No comments:

Post a Comment