Saturday, April 23, 2011

Miscellaneous Saturday Thoughts

My mother called this morning. At 5:40 am. By time I managed to answer she wasn't there. Silly me, thinking that only an emergency warrants a 5:40 am phone call, I called her right back. She answered after like 4 or 5 rings.
Mom: Oh hi honey, what's up?

Me: Hi Mom, is everything ok?

Mom: Of course, why do you ask?

Me: Because you just called me at 5:40 in the morning. [In head: !@#$%@#^$*]

Mom: Oh. Well you know I don't know how to use my phone. I didn't mean to call. [@#*%(@#^!] Your father says hello. He thinks this is a perfectly normal time of morning. [!@$^%!^]

Me: Whatever. I'm going back to bed.


My sister just got her driver's license this morning. She's really a pretty decent driver, but the thought of my baby sister with a license is super weird. Here's part of the facebook chat I had with her this afternoon, free of editing.
Little Sister: omg
im about to take my FIRST
lone driving trip
yayaya license

Me: so you're on the insurance then?

Little Sister: yessssss
i told mom and dad i need a can of pringles for chem class
i think they think im kidding

Me: lol
i'm sure they think you're kidding

Little Sister: but i doooo
its for lab
im not sure why
its the lab where we make things explode
we're building a rocket or something

now i need to locate my mp3
so i can jamm

ohh eww
it was in my softball bag
it smells not so lovely
i didn't know mp3s could even smell

OKKK
[little sister] out
for the first timeee
on the road
by hersellffff
lovin lifeeee
yessssss
BYEEEE
instead of sayin drive safe
or carefully or w/e
dad told me to
"exercise extreme caution"
who says that
ok
BYEE

My $2200 federal tax refund (thank you incorrect 1098-T!!) and that little scholarship I got made it to my account this week. Too bad I instantly wrote a check for nearly as much to my student loans... Bye bye refund and scholarship...


I went for a run this morning. I had to talk myself into it, because it was already 80 degrees at 10:30 am. I figured it's time to suck it up and get used to it. Pretty soon the overnight low isn't going to be any cooler than 80, so it will be at least that hot out no matter how early I get up to run. 3-4 miles is a lot less fun in 80-85 degrees than 60-65 degrees. Sigh.


I also mopped the kitchen floor this morning, and in doing so, moved all the chairs, and my roommate's sneakers were that were on the floor. I'm really, really glad that I didn't find out until afterward that last night she had a patient puke all over the floor when they went to intubate him. Ick.


And with that, a friend just texted, it's time to hit the pool. Happy Saturday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment