Friday, April 15, 2011

Main Man

Sunday we went to Gettysburg, and when I mentioned to my sister beforehand that we might go, she freaked out.

Me: Oh, so I think we might go to Gettysburg while I'm in Pennsylvania.

Little Sister: What?! Annnnnnnnnnneeeeeeee nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! I want to go to Gettysburg! Abe Lincoln's like my main man! I love that man!

When we got to the museum, the first thing we saw was this statue, and I knew I had to have this picture to send my sister:


Fortunately, the reaction I got to posting this photo on her Facebook wall did not disappoint.

Little Sister: Jealous! So jealous! Molly also said that she's jealous. ... We both have a thing for Lincoln.

Me: Haha I have epic things in mind for Christmas. I'm already excited.

Little Sister: Hahaha maybe more $5 bills with Lincoln's face taped to them? Oh wait...

Me: Hm, I hadn't thought about including $5 bills, but that's an idea...

(Sidenote: Last year for Christmas, she asked me for cash to help pay for her NKOTB/BSB ticket. I hate giving money. I think it's boring and impersonal, especially for someone like my sister where the possibilities for fun and ridiculousness are endless. So to give her what she wants but still have some fun, I printed out black and white images of all the members of NKOTB and BSB and taped them to individual $5 bills.)

20 minutes later...

Little Sister: Annnne. I just read O Captain My Captain and teared up a little bit. I love that man.

She cracks me up. It just never ends.

Anyways, the museum was really nice, and really well done, and seeing various sites of the battle were really crazy, especially the view from Little Round Top. If you're ever in the area it's definitely worth going.

No comments:

Post a Comment