Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'm a dime.

I haven't talked about my sister here in a while, so you might be wondering what she's been up to. She's mostly been freaking out about school. Here's our latest conversation (via facebook chat, of course):

Me: hi

Little Sister: hey

Me: how're you?

Little Sister: mehh
i suck at french
legit

Me: anything I can help with?

Little Sister: nope
unless you can make me remember
french
in general

Me: nope, sorry

Little Sister: soo many verb tenses
regular future conditional imparfait subjonctif condition plast plus que parfairt or w/e
TOOO MUCH
my brain is exploding
i just embarrassed myself for a solid hour with her [Duf, the same French teacher I had for 4 years] after school

Me: i'm sorry

Little Sister: yeah well
whatever
she still loves me
ish
i was like i feel bad you have to put up with me
and she was like i don't mind you
you actually try
which i'm glad she still thinks [this is key in school...]

Me: hahahahaha
i'm kinda amused that your teachers find you so lovable

Little Sister: whaaat
you don't think i'm lovable?
why wouldn't my teachers love me

Me: sure i do, but i'm your sister

Little Sister: i'm a dime

Me: you're a dime? what's that supposed to mean? [Here's where I realize (again) that I'm old, when my labmate has to explain to me that "dime" is some new slang term from some hip hop song.]

Little Sister: i'm a 10
in every aspect
i'm just awesome [Never lacking in self-esteem, this one...]

Me: oh. i thought maybe you meant to say you're a gem

Little Sister: whatever i said i meant
i do everything with intent

Me: even if it didn't make sense?

Little Sister: umm yes
because it obviously did make sense
you know...innovation...that's why my teachers love me
or they just pity me
like my current f in pre-calc

No comments:

Post a Comment