Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Angel Farts

A friend of mine from college is currently teaching high school chemistry. Yesterday marked the first time he had a student cry. Now he's a super, super nice guy, but I'm honestly surprised he'd never had a student cry before. I think most of my classmates here have had students cry. I'm pretty sure that my 99%-chance-of-failing-but-must-get-an-A-for-med-school freshman cried on me my junior year. But whatever, he's one of the nicest guys and best teachers I know. And certainly by the end of the semester his students should know that. Anyways, he's telling me how he'll make you work for your grade and that students (and people in general) need a dramatically better understanding of basic science. His summary of the situation:

I can't handle anymore "CO2 emissions are clearly not a problem because CO2 is made from angel farts which is why we have double-rainbows after the rainstorm" kind of science logic.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment