Thursday, March 24, 2011

Romero Pools

Saturday I went hiking up Romero Canyon to Romero Pools with some friends from the department. I've done this hike a couple times before - once on the 4th of July when it was ungodly humid and my camelback sprung a leak leaving me wet from my waist all the way down to my ankles, and once at night, also during monsoon season.

The hike is about 5.5 miles, and relatively easy. The middle part is a bit steep, but really not all that bad. Even now, there was enough water to swim in - which means it's a great place to go during monsoon season. When we hiked it at night, we started about 9, played around in the pools, and hiked back out, getting home around 3. When the moon is full (or nearly) it's so bright that you hardly need headlamps, and at night you're nearly guaranteed to have the place to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment