Sunday, March 20, 2011

Itty bitty

I made these for my labmate's baby - the one who hasn't come yet, not the one that was born in January. I know there's no scale there for you to tell, but they're so tiny! I tried them on my other labmate's 2 month old baby, just to get an idea of how small/big they actually were, and they barely fit her! Which I assume/hope means they'll be just fine for a newborn. I made a couple "practice" booties, and kept thinking that they were way too big, but maybe not. Anyways, I'm pretty delighted with how cute they turned out.


P.S. This does not mean that my labmate is right about the housewife thing.

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to find a pattern that I don't end up knitting three times bigger than planned (my gauge is quite loose). All the bootie patterns are written for size 2 o3 needles...how do you go down from that? They look pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! You know this does mean that when I have children some day I will expect booties for all of them. In red of course, boy or girl.

    ReplyDelete