Friday, September 24, 2010

The Upside of Being Sick

Over the weekend in StL I somehow managed to catch a pretty miserable cold. I couldn't breathe well enough to sleep, and I had pretty much no appetite whatsoever. Saturday morning Tony's mom sent me home with enough food for oh, about 2 meals. It lasted me through Sunday night and I even gave some of it to my little brother before I flew back to Tucson Monday morning.

The upside of being sick is that I lost a good 8 lbs in no time flat! While I realize it's totally not healthy, I'll take weight loss any way I can get it. :P

Wedding #5 is in 3 weeks (I got back from Wedding #4 - Angie & Tony's on Monday morning to find the invitation to #5 on my desk!) - and I'd really, really love to not gain those 8 lbs back. Because without those 8 lbs, my blue dress (one of my favorite dresses) fits perfectly after not zipping for the past several months. Not to mention I'm certain there will be lots of photos posted on Facebook...

I'm mostly better now, as in I'm working a "normal" day rather than spending the day on the couch. I'm still hacking quite a bit (yay for a big new bag of cough drops this morning!), but let the effort to keep those 8 lbs off commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment