Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Opportunist

So apparently this blog is going to be more about hilarious stuff my sister says than being a grad student. Although I suppose it's not entirely off topic seeing as a fair amount of the ridiculous stuff she says is in response to some grad-school-related situation (you should have heard her when she realized I had an office).

At this point I'm pretty stressed about the talk I'm giving at this conference next week (6 days til the talk is over! 9 days til I can sleep again!), so I'm explaining to my sister just why I'm wigging out about this. After I go on this big tirade, her response (my thoughts):


Scary. (Uh huh.)

Very scary. (Yep, about right.)

I will pray for you... (Cool, thanks.)

in French class. (YES.)


This isn't the first time she's offered to pray for me in French class. While I do believe she genuinely feels bad about me being stressed, and will pray about it, there's most definitely an ulterior motive to praying for me in French class. I had the same French teacher (Duf) for all four years when I was in high school. It was a small school, a lot of the same teachers are still there, so sometimes when I'm home I stop in to visit. For some reason Sarah says that whenever she mentions me in French class, Duf goes off on a tangent for a good 5+ minutes. And there ladies and gentlemen is her motivation to pray for me in French class. She does it every opportunity she gets. When I go on big trips she even double dips and prays for me in religion class, because apparently her religion teacher really really loves Ireland (I'll agree, it's a lovely place) and the mention of anybody traveling sets her off on a 5+ minute tangent about Ireland. She's such as little opportunist.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I did that in college too--not praying for my sibs, but trying to get the teacher off on tangents. I actually think French class might have been one of those classes. :)

    ReplyDelete