Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cupcakes


These are out of my cupcake cookbook. Plain cupcakes...not even sure they qualify as vanilla. Not as sweet as most cake, but good when paired with very sweet frosting. The best vanilla buttercream I've ever had. Probably because it had about three times the vanilla I've seen called for elsewhere. Covered in marshmellows. Probably not my favorite ever, but very good. The only thing I'd do different (if it weren't super inconvenient) is use colorless vanilla extract rather than the brown vanilla extract so the frosting would actually be white.

I made these Sunday for the last youth ministry class of the year. Making more cupcakes today for E's birthday...

1 comment:

  1. I'll be honest...they look a little scary to me. :) I think the colorless vanilla is fake, so the buttercream might not taste as good.
    And I would totally toast them with my torch to make them extra tasty! Plus if you did that, the brown tint would just blend right in.

    ReplyDelete