Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday means it's almost Friday

Nothing big, just some random thoughts while I wait for 20 minute LC runs...

Samosas make me really happy.  I'd say the most redeeming thing about BFU are the delicious samosas at the cafe on the same floor as my lab.  Considering that more days than not I desperately want a glass (or three) of wine when I get home from BFU, I'm very grateful for the samosas.  And the delightful Indian man who staffs the cafe, who's always excited when anybody gets the samosas.  Today when he saw my samosas and coke zero he told me how as a kid growing up they always had samosas and coke at the movie theater instead of popcorn and coke!

I ran 5 miles this morning!  Not gonna lie, pretty proud of myself.  There's a 5 mile road race in about a month that Boyfriend has done before that I plan to join him for this year.  It's still irritatingly cold out more often than not, so I haven't run outside much in several months.  Tuesday it was nice and still light out when I got home from work, so I ran a 3.9 mile route from home and survived, so this morning I tried 5 at the gym.  One weird/annoying thing is the treadmills at the Y cut you off after 30 minutes.  So I either have to restart the treadmill or start running 6 minute miles.  Which is pretty much never going to happen.

I talked Boyfriend into doing this 6-pack March workout plan, and it is so. much. harder. when you do it after running 5 miles.  It's not easy fully rested either, but definitely way easier.  Even though the workout keeps increasing, I can tell that I'm getting better.  I had never in my life even considered doing the quantities of sit-ups or push-ups, or that long of a plank.  I'm pretty sure the last day will kill me, but it does seem to be accomplishing something...

In other workout related news, I'm only 1 lb above the lowest weight I hit last year!  Which means I'm only about 3 lbs away from my ultimate goal weight, but already at a point I'd be ok with long term.  Which is the hard part.  Making it long term.  Bonus, and maybe Boyfriend would disagree, but I think I've really been pretty good at the not-complaining about my weight in the meantime goal.

My alma mater is in the NCAA tournament!  Both of them actually.  My undergrad played (and won!) this afternoon and the gradual school alma mater plays tonight.  I generally like March Madness - though I'm not nearly as obsessed as some people - but it does irritate me that Big Bang Theory won't be on for a while! >:/

Last weekend I bought a bottle of wine because the previous week, more nights that not I'd really wanted a glass (or three) of wine after working at BFU.  Go figure, Monday and Tuesday this week were fine, but yesterday, holy cow.  I was ready for the whole bottle.  But then I got an email from Old Navy informing me that dresses were on sale...so I went shopping instead... And now I have quite the collection of casual summer dresses.  If only it would be warm!

Speaking of warm, I am so, so tired of winter.  It hasn't been a particularly bad winter, but after 5 years in the desert, 4 months of perpetual cold, rain, and bitter winds is more than enough!  I'm wearing a heavy sweater today (acquired on clearance last night :P ), and wore my winter coat, scarf, and gloves to come down to BFU today.  Daffodils have started to appear, but it's still way too cold to consider it spring...

Ok, my initial runs are done, a worklist is queued up for the night, so I'm out.  Gotta get home in time for Glee even if there's no Big Bang to watch beforehand... Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment