Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Who are you people??

Not my half dozen regulars.  I know who you are.  The rest of you - who are you??

So I just discovered that blogger has this little feature buried in its inner workings that tells you what search terms led people to your blog.  The complete list to date is below (as you can tell by this oh-so-extensive list, my blog is clearly one of the most-read features on the interwebs).

coors field clubhouse
craziest cake ever
romero pools
tucson bucket list
9th birthday snow
arizona bucket list
cochise eastern stronghold
colloquium "job talk"
dia de los muertos parade tucson az
fancy vertical desserts
graduate school worst decision
lab coat tucson
town tfgyh

It's kinda funny to me that "coors field clubhouse" was the most common search term leading to my blog, all for this one single post about touring Coors Field during the users' meeting I attended during a conference in Denver.  It certainly explains how that post wound up in the "popular posts" list on the side of my blog.  Actually, it explains a lot of the "popular posts."  "Fancy vertical desserts" is a funny thing to search for, but that and "craziest cake ever" can only have led somebody to this cake. "town tfgyh" is pretty weird, and puzzling.  no idea at all where that one led - or what the person actually meant to look for.  "9th birthday snow" is also quite amusing.  No snow in Tucson, sorry, folks.

Far and away the funniest search term, and now the highlight of my day, is "graduate school worst decision."  YES.  I am so proud right now.  My best guess is it led them to this post, back in that hell-ish stretch when my advisor had the crazy idea that I should get a totally new thing to work for a presentation I was giving to the entire department a week later.  But there are probably plenty of other posts under the "gradual school" label to discourage one from going to grad school.  The fact that it's after 10 pm and I'm writing this post at school could also count as an argument.

There's also some info about where from and how people are reading my blog.  Apparently I've had 105 pageviews from Malaysia.  Malaysia?  What?  105 pageviews is hardly an accident.  Somebody from Malaysia read at least some of my blog on purpose.  The 13 pageviews from Brazil I get.  Boyfriend spends quite a bit of time in Brazil for work.  I can't imagine anybody else from Brazil is reading my blog.  Malaysia?  Really?

Apparently exactly half of my pageviews were using Firefox (me too!), and 85% were with a Windows operating system.  Just about every iDevice has been used to read my blog, and it looks like there's one person reading with Linux.

I'm entertained by this little peek into who's accidentally stumbled into my corner of the internet.  I'll have to keep checking back to see what other amusing search terms lead some poor fool here.

And to the poor schmuck searching for "graduate school worst decision," I'm sorry.  I'm sorry things suck.  Grad school sucks.  But some days don't suck.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment