Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

It's Monday.  Blech.

Not a whole lot to report.  The weekend after I went to Oregon, the boyfriend came out here to visit over Labor Day.  We hung out at the pool and went on a pretty long, steep hike to prepare for the Grand Canyon.
 

We also drove out to Gates Pass to watch the sunset and some star gazing.  Check one item off the bucket list. :)


Since then I've been working and getting stuff together for the Grand Canyon.  We're doing rim-to-rim-to-rim starting next Thursday.

E and I cooked a bit last night - made our favorite enchiladas with green sauce made from CSA tomatillos and jalapenos.  We also made these deeeeelicious smores bars.  Sorry for the mediocre picture.  I assure you they're way, way more delicious than the photo lets on.


Tonight I threw together a gumbo with some leftover sausage, and a CSA basket of okra...some CSA onion and corn went in too...catching up with all my accumulated CSA goods...

There's a bake sale at school later this week to raise money for Hunger Awareness Week.  Seems a bit funny to be selling baked goodies to raise money to feed legitimately hungry people... Anyways, E and I are going to bake up a bunch of stuff tomorrow night - try to use up some of the massive pumpkin stores we still have from last fall.

I'm scheduled for jury duty on Thursday...this is the fifth time I've been summoned in the 8 1/2 years since I registered to vote.  FIFTH TIME!  I know loads of people who've never been summoned.  What's the deal??  I got called in Massachusetts just a couple months after I registered, but I was going away to school in St. Louis, so I postponed to the following summer...when I had to postpone again because I had class...and then I got rescheduled for a few days before I was leaving for France, so it's unlikely I would have been able to actually sit on a jury.  Fortunately I wound up not having to actually go in.  Massachusetts summoned me again after I'd moved to Arizona and registered here, so I obviously got out of that one.  This is the third time Arizona has summoned me.  One I went for half a day before being let go because they'd already gotten the jurors they needed and once I got called off.  We'll find out Wednesday night if I'm spending Thursday at the court house...

I was finally home tonight to catch Eureka, but at this point I'm weeks behind...definitely missing a few things... A few months ago I suggested Eureka to my aunt and uncle, who prompted fell in love with it.  They in turn suggested I watch Warehouse 13, which airs after Eureka, but I'd never noticed because I had only watched Eureka online.  It took me longer to get hooked than it did with Eureka, but hooked I am.  I kept watching when Warehouse 13 came on after tonight's Eureka...but man am I behind on that one.  I've only made it to the beginning of the 2nd season...so I'm waaaaay out of the loop on this one.  Disc 2 of season 2 comes Wednesday...

Well that's all my rambling for tonight.  Have a good week people!

No comments:

Post a Comment