Monday, July 11, 2011

Quotable

Here's a sampling of the ridiculous or funny things my sister said while I was home. I'm sure there will be a similar post following her trip to Tucson next month.

Me: So what should I cook while I'm home?
Little Sister: Can you make that dish you made before, with the orange chunks?
Me: Butternut squash chili?
Little Sister: Yeah. Or I could just to go Wendy's and get their chili.

Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" is playing while Little Sister and I are making dinner. She's singing along.
Little Sister: ...wife of the post man, wife of the post maaaaan.
Me: I think that line is actually "wife of a close friend..."

We went running on the track at the local high school, and just over 2 miles into the run, Little Sister darts off the track, hops the fence, and bee lines it to the porta potty by the next field. Little sister, while we stretch after running: I claim dibs on showering first because I went in a portapotty.

During our run there was a bunch of lightening off in the distance, which we ignored, because it looked far away and it wasn't even raining at the track. Just as we walk in the house after our run we see the ground crew at Fenway pulling the tarp over the field. It's like the bottom of the 8th inning, and not pouring, so you'd think they'd push through it to finish the game. Then they show a pretty fantastic shot of lightening just beyond the 3rd base side of the stadium.
Me: Ooh, they're probably really having a lightening delay, not a rain delay.
Little Sister: Why? They use wooden bats!

Little Sister, while decorating cupcakes (which I baked, with frosting that I made): Baking is a good time to practice using common sense.

Little Sister, while applying sunscreen at the beach: I gotta be sure to get my nose, cause it's so close to the sun ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment