Sunday, July 10, 2011

One Year Later

**Warning! Not for the squeemish!**




July 5th marks one whole year since I did this sliding into 3rd base playing sloshball:
For the record, I was sober. Also for the record, it wasn't worth sliding, but I can't help it.

The day after:

After the first trip to Student Health:
This is after they decided it was infected, but before I realized I'm allergic to sulfa antibiotics. It's a shame I didn't keep the photo I took of my leg after the reaction. That was gross.

My awesome roommates kept me stocked with whatever color Koban I wanted:
That $&!# is expensive! This is after the swelling from the injury and the allergic reaction went down. My right leg was like twice the size of my left...

One year later:
Yep, pretty sure that scar is here to stay. Despite the Tucson heat, I've worn knee high socks and pants every time I've played softball since then. Even so I've scraped my knees a few more times sliding. As my sister puts it, I apparently like the burn victim look.

No comments:

Post a Comment