Monday, January 17, 2011

Can it please just be over already??

I'm so over grad school. Yesterday was the first day I didn't go to work in two weeks, and that's really only because I had previously made plans.

My instrument has been down for a week and a half, I've been trying to get revisions done on my rejected paper to send it elsewhere, everybody and their mother needs stuff read, my advisor threw a group meeting lit presentation at me on a topic I've never even heard of, my collaborator wants to meet when she's in town next week but I haven't had a chance to figure out what to do with the data or what it means, and my advisor wants me to present stuff I haven't really been working on at a conference whose abstract deadline is in 18 days, and add to all that the imminent arrival of my period and I can't manage think about anything except how much I really just want to cry. And how hungry I am. But nothing sounds good.

I wish there weren't a first year sitting in my office so I could just sit at my desk and cry. I certainly don't want to explain to her what's wrong with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment