Saturday, November 13, 2010

Who does Facebook think I am?

I'd been under the impression that the ads that appeared on your Facebook page were somehow selected from your content. For example, my engaged friends get alllllll sorts of ads for various wedding-related services that stop once their status changes to "married." I've been noticing more and more lately that the ads I get on Facebook are weird.

I'm not sure where Facebook came up with this, but apparently it thinks I have children:

Facebook also seems to be suggesting that a PhD in chemistry isn't enough and I need to further my education:



And my personal favorite:
Facebook must think I either LOVE poptarts, or that I could be convinced to love them. I'll admit there was a time (middle school-ish) when I thought pop-tarts were pretty great, but now I mostly think they're pretty gross. But seriously, I think I see a poptart ad every.single.time. I log into Facebook.


And finally, Facebook also seems to think I'm fat. Maybe it's from all the poptarts...


Thanks, Facebook. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Listen to Facebook. Your future lies in driving a big-rig.

    ReplyDelete