Friday, March 2, 2012

Goals & Kitchen Goals, Update 2

Ok, starting with the broader goals I made in January:

  • I've got 2 1/2 chapters of my dissertation written.  This third chapter could be done within a week if all the other BS to get done would go away.  We'll see if I can muster the motivation to get this draft together anyways.
  • I applied for a couple more jobs, one of which sent an auto-reply acknowledging my application from their "Talent Acquisition Team."  Oh my.  No word from anybody yet.
  • Still doing a decent job on the vitamins.  I'm glad I came up with one thing I was less likely to fail at. :P

As far as kitchen goals, here's how February turned out:
  • Pinto beans - total fail.  I was hoping to make another big pot of pinto beans to polish off what we've got, but it never happened.  Only used up those ones that I cooked in the last couple days of January.
  • Whole wheat flour - not too bad.  I still have a bunch left, but I did use a fair amount too.  Mostly in muffins and pancakes.  This whole wheat pancake recipe is tasty - I've tried it with blueberries and with strawberries.
  • Drink mixes - great!  Just a handful of EmergenC packets left!
  • Sprinkles - all gone!  I used every last sprinkle I had making these cookies for Valentine's Day.
For March, I'm not going to pick any particular items to try to use up because I think I'm going to be out of town for a substantial part of it, and if I am here for recruiting, that's another 4 days of free meals (not that I'm going to do anywhere near as much driving or work!).  The goal for March is going to be to stay on top of my produce and use whatever groceries I already have rather than buying more stuff - lots of substitutions!

Related only because it's food, here's the sausage & kale tart Boyfriend and I made when he was here last weekend.  He thought you should see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment