Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cafe Reviews for the Dissertation Writer, Volume 4

Earlier this week Tiff and I worked at Cartel Coffee Lab.  In short, it was terrible.  The only place I won't go back to work.

There were still a couple pros/neat aspects:
  • They had a really neat/funky table arrangement.  Two tall, pretty big tables near each other, but rather than having separate seats for each table, the space in between was occupied by what looked like a lower table.  It was like two benches joined together for a shared seating space.  There were normal bar stool type seats on the outer sides of the tables.  I thought they were kinda cool.  They had normal tables/chairs and bar/bar stool seating if that's too weird for you.
  • It's near home for Tiff
  • Real dishes, by now you all know how I love real dishes.
  • Free wifi (when you ask for the password when you buy something...)
  • It wasn't crowded, so there was plenty of space to work and plenty of tables available, though when you see the con list you might understand why.
Cons:
  • The drinks were totally overpriced.  The small drink, was VERY SMALL.
  • My VERY small hot chocolate was barely lukewarm.
  • The menu was VERY limited.
  • There was essentially no food.  Certainly none worth eating.  All they had was a basket of bagels, presumably leftover from that morning.
  • The cafe itself was cold.  I don't want to have to wear my coat all night just to not freeze!  Not to mention my wet rain jacket isn't going to do all that much to keep me warm.
  • The background music was way too loud - definitely louder than at other cafes.
  • It's also super annoying when the barista's loud and obnoxious friends decide to come visit her at work.
  • And it's only open til 10!  Assuming I've been able to sleep more than a few hours/night for the past 2 weeks and aren't dozing off left and right, I probably hit a good, productive stride around 9, and you're going to kick me out at 10??
Sorry, Cartel.  I won't be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment