Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cupcakes

I love them. Just like every other miniature version of anything, they're just so cute and adorable that I don't see how you could not love them. The little mini 8oz cans of Coke? Adorable. Baby clothes? Tiny and adorable. The iiiitty bitty 5 mm wrench? So freaking cute. (Even if Chris was appalled when I exclaimed about how cute the little wrench was. He says wrenches can't be cute. I beg to differ. This wrench is adorable.) Cupcakes. Clearly they're cute, too.

I initially got on this cupcake kick sometime last year when my roommate sent me a link that a friend of hers had sent her. Ming Makes Cupcakes has sooo many delicious-looking cupcakes of all sorts. I've made and/or tried numbers 5, 8, 14, 15, 17, 22, 24, and 27 so far. The Bailey's Irish Cream cupcakes are probably my favorite of those so far.

Last week was my advisor's 50th birthday, so we had a "surprise" potluck luncheon for her. With my little cupcake obsession, I totally claimed dibs on making dessert. Since one batch of cupcakes wouldn't be enough for our gigantic group, I made two different kinds from a cupcake cookbook my other roommate got me for my birthday...


Ginger Orange Cupcakes
Orange ginger cake, orange glaze, mandarine wedge garnish


Chocolate Mint Cupcakes
Mint chocolate cake, chocolate ganache frosting, chocolate mint candy and mint leaf garnish

2 comments:

  1. Those orange cupcakes are beautiful! I feel like part of the fun of making cupcakes is making them look pretty, but I'd rather eat the chocolate mint ones. What is the cookbook called?

    ReplyDelete