Monday, May 7, 2012

Dragging

The week hasn't even technically started and my feet are already dragging.  It's Sunday, I've been in lab for 10 hours, and I'm really not at all close to done with this dumb experiment...  So tired.  Where I was freaking out a couple weeks ago, now I'm just super tired.  Tired because I've been working all day, and even more tired thinking about the next four weeks.  It's going to be a giant blur of poster making, dissertation writing, my graduation, more poster making and dissertation writing, my dad's birthday, my sister's graduation, a conference, job hunting, more dissertation writing, dress fittings, bachelorette party, more dissertation writing, wedding cake making, and wedding.  When all that is done, I'll have about one more week to finish my dissertation.

This experiment took a while to get going, then was going ok, and then my capillary ran dry, so I refilled it, and of course the charge state I'd been working with is gone.  And then I couldn't get protein to spray to save my life.  GAH.  While I'm sitting here waiting on spectra I feel like I should be writing or doing something useful, but I'm just too tired.  I did revisions on a chapter earlier, and opened a new document for the next chapter I've got to write.  But I just can't do it anymore.  I almost wish these were hour long spectra rather than 10 minute spectra so I could nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment