Saturday, October 9, 2010

Look!

Look what grows behind my building!!


I had of course seen these shrubs a million times, but not long ago my labmate pointed out to me that they were rosemary!! None other than my very favorite herb. :) (This may be in small part because my grandma's name was Rosemary, but I really do love its flavor.) And those bushes in the photo are only a fraction of the rosemary bushes behind my building, so there's no risk of me depleting my source.


I am never buying rosemary again. (Not as long as I live in Tucson, anyways). This is very exciting, because herbs are expensive, and I can go through a lot of rosemary. That focaccia E and I made last weekend had rosemary in it and on it, and I used a whole bunch the other night making my very first grown up pot roast (my roommate thinks I'm crazy, but I've always thought of pot-roast as a "grown up" think to cook, even if it is apparently super easy when you throw everything in a crock pot...) and these rolls.


These rolls are utterly delicious. Sadly they didn't rise as much as usual, probably because I was short on time and used the cheater method rather than letting them sit out all afternoon. But they were still good. You should make them. So good I might even make my family eat them when I go home for Christmas. They're far more likely to like these than any of the other new (to them) dishes I'm tempted to make them eat...

1 comment: