Sunday, January 5, 2014

Wedding #2

Before I lose interest in blogging again I wanted to post about Weddings #2 and #3 that I mentioned when I blogged about Wedding #1 - Amy's wedding last summer in Massachusetts.

Wedding #2 was that of my other Amy - a dear friend from college.  She got married on a warm October Saturday in Cincinnati.  I made this trip by myself, since Boyfriend wouldn't know anybody else there.  Amy looked gorgeous, and the wedding was loads of fun.  There were several small children at the reception who totally tore up the dance floor.  There was a kids activity table with a basket of games and little activities for them - which I thought was a fabulous idea - but they were all far more interested in the dance floor, with and without any adults.  The other fabulous aspect of the reception was the alternative wedding dessert.  Instead of a cake there was a brownie bar!  Amy's mom made a massive pile of brownies, and there was ice cream, whipped cream, sprinkles, and all sorts of goodies with which to decorate your brownie.

Amy was a fellow alto in the mass choir in college.  We spent many hours cooking and giggling.  Sometimes at the same time.  I've always loved one of the things she said about our friendship when I graduated.  Since moving apart, we may not talk terribly often, but it's the type of friendship where we can always pick up where we left off as if no time as passed.  There is always lots of news to catch up on, but there's no period of re-acquaintance if you will.  With how busy life gets I have to say I feel very lucky indeed to have such friends.  Amy is one of those friends I mean to call more often this year.








No comments:

Post a Comment