Friday, December 16, 2011

Attention Getter

I made these cranberry-orange muffins for my committee meeting the other day.  It was a short meeting, but a fed and caffeinated committee is usually a happier committee.  After the meeting, my advisor took one with her, mentioning that she really loves cranberries.

Later that day I saw my advisor again at subgroup, and I swear she spent the first 15 minutes raving about some bakery on Broadway.  Seriously.  She went on, and on, and on about this thing they make and that thing they make, and they usually go this day because then they have these cinnamon rolls, and there's this giant case of little cookies, and a giant case of big cookies... It was a bit strange, but actually pretty funny to listen to The Queen go on like this.

Anyways, so the combination of comments made me think of this cranberry "pie" from the Pioneer Woman that I made last year, so I emailed her a link to the recipe.  Literally three (3!) minutes later I had a reply.  Seriously.  She doesn't reply that fast to emails about science or other lab stuff.  Heck, sometimes she doesn't ever reply.  Man.  Maybe I should send a recipe at the beginning of every email when I really need a reply?


No comments:

Post a Comment